Hacktoberfest is an amazing campaign by Digital Ocean and Github, you contribute with at least 5 open source Pull Requests and then you get a T-shirt and some stickers.
Maintainers are encouraged to label and organize the issues to be worked on.
Register at: https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/
I will list here some of my Projects and the issues I am expecting to get some contributions.
Dynaconf is a library for settings management in any kind of Python project.
Skills needed: CI, Python, decorators, Python Module Initialization, Data Structures and Python data Model
- Add Windows CI by configuring AppVeyor https://github.com/rochacbruno/dynaconf/issues/58
- Load settings from etcd server https://github.com/rochacbruno/dynaconf/issues/61
- Load settings from /etc and XDG home directories https://github.com/rochacbruno/dynaconf/issues/74 and https://github.com/rochacbruno/dynaconf/issues/73
- Allow dot notation to traverse settings https://github.com/rochacbruno/dynaconf/issues/84 and https://github.com/rochacbruno/dynaconf/issues/85
- Allow multiple settings to be merged https://github.com/rochacbruno/dynaconf/issues/86
Flasgger is the project powering the http://httpbin.org website, it allows you to document your Flask API and serves Swagger UI.
Skills needed: API REST, Flask, OPenAPISpec, Decorators, Python data model.
- Implement a logging handler https://github.com/rochacbruno/flasgger/issues/155
- Decorator based spec definition https://github.com/rochacbruno/flasgger/issues/152
- Fix JWT support https://github.com/rochacbruno/flasgger/issues/209
- Use Python 3.7 metaclass for schema definition https://github.com/rochacbruno/flasgger/issues/204
- SwaggerUI Prefix in template file https://github.com/rochacbruno/flasgger/issues/196
- AllOf validation: https://github.com/rochacbruno/flasgger/issues/179
- Upload support https://github.com/rochacbruno/flasgger/issues/168
- Basic Auth https://github.com/rochacbruno/flasgger/issues/103
- Multiple Method Class View https://github.com/rochacbruno/flasgger/issues/92
Flask Google Maps
Easy way to add maps to Flask views.
Skills needed: Flask, Google APIs
Flask Simple Login
Easy way to protect your Flask views with login.
Skills needed: Python, Flask, environment variables, templating, CSS, HTML, Bootstrap.
- Implement Bootstrap collapsible menu https://github.com/rochacbruno/flask_simplelogin/issues/12
- Add a config to protect all the views in the project https://github.com/rochacbruno/flask_simplelogin/issues/11
- Normalize envvars names (keeping backeards compatibility) https://github.com/rochacbruno/flask_simplelogin/issues/6
Quokka is a Content Management Framework, which is in process of rewriting, the idea is having a core written in Flask, use Pelican themes and allow generation of static websites.
Skills needed: Flask, Python, Templating, MongoDB
All the issues are good, as it is a re-writing from scratch project.
This is a Guide for Pythonistas who are learning Rust language
The project really needs more examples to be written and also more comparison and fixes. Any kind of contributions are welcome.
This is a call 4 papers system (used as didatic example only)
Skills needed: Flask, Templating, mongoDB
comments powered by Disqus Go Top